Labels have a lot of functions and give information about a product. Labels are also significant in the marketing of a product. It depicts the product's quality which results in product promotion and increased sales and revenues to a company. A label can be a material such as a metal, cloth, paper and plastic among others. In this article, we will specifically discuss clothing labels, the variety, and uses.
Clothing labels are used for textile and garment labeling. It is used by a variety of users including home stitchery and garment industry designers. Below are the purposes of cloth labeling.
1. To indicate the garment's size. This could be an indication of whether the cloth is large, medium, small, the kid's age that the clothing is suited for and so on.
2. To indicate the material's fabric. This could be in the form of wool, cotton, silk, polyester, and nylon.
3. To refer to the clothes' brand.
4. To provide washing instructions. It indicated whether the cloth should be washed by hand or machine, drying and ironing requirements.
5. To show the designer's or manufacturer's name or signature.
6. To represent the company or school in case the clothes are the worker or student uniforms.
Labels can be placed outside or inside the cloth. The ones that indicate the clothes' size are put inside the cloth, or it's back. Those with wash instructions and the material's type are placed at the garment's side or inside. The labels that have a designer's name or signature are often placed on the cloth. This could be advertising the brand or garment, click to get started!
There are different types of labels. Based on their use, they can be described as care labels, size labels, brand labels and content labels. Based on the display of the information, they can be categorized into two type. These are Printed clothing labels as well as woven clothing labels. For more facts and info about Clothing Labels, Visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Label#Attachmen.
Printed labels at www.wovenlabelhk.com are made using permanent ink. This can be made of cotton or synthetic materials such as satin, polyester or nylon. This might be relatively cheaper but does not last long compared to woven labels. This is because some print can fade away upon cleaning.
In woven cloth labels, the details are printed, thus resulting in no chances of fading. Because the material used is damask or satin, it is more expensive than printed labels. Due to its long life, however, it is used for garments of high quality.